So after my last senior photo shoot my little sister requested that she have her photo shoot at Tumwater Falls as well. It was a splendid, beautiful day with my family and since it was their first trip there they took awhile on the trail. We all love being outdoors and enjoying the beauty of it all. And I really enjoy being with my family...My dad's dry sense of humor, my mother trying to get as close as to the water without falling in, and my sisters being silly...I do love it. I really do treasure my family and sharing these moments with them. God uses them to shape me (I'm learning patience, understanding and selflessness here. Tough lessons) and even though it's irritable to the point where I just want to sleep on the roof, I love them. We have our hard times but I'm thankful God is in our lives other wise, we wouldn't be the family we are today.
My mom is the most hard-working person I know. I'm not exaggerating when I say I have not met someone who works more than she does. She has a firm hand and when she means no, it's no. We often bump heads because I tend to be laid back, I love exploring and trying new things. She still gets annoyed over the times I used to wander in Oki in the early hours of the morning. hehe. But she also has the most compassionate heart I have ever known. She has a heart for the broken-hearted and the weak. I've often ran to her whenever I had a bad day and she always has the God-given words of wisdom I so desperately need to hear. People who know her, love to talk to her. She doesn't hold back either. If she thinks you've messed up she'll tell you and back it up with God's Word.
My father? He is also a hard-worker too. Though he missed a good portion of our lives due to the military, I do have much to thank from him. He gave up his GI Bill so me and my sisters could finish college...He's funny (hence, where we get our humor from) and though he puts up a tough front, he likes to spoil us a little. After my bunny died, he went out of his way to get us my current rabbit, Frisbee (I call her Feebee) and surprised us with her. The last bunny was special to me because she was from Okinawa, so Feebee totally melted my heart...I couldn't help loving this furball even though I was upset my last link to Oki died. He's sacrificed a lot and found ways to pull our family through.
My sisters? Cassandra is the youngest. Oh God uses her in my life in the greatest and hardest ways possible. I ALWAYS have to watch my steps with her because I find she looks up to me and follows closely behind. She's old enough to do her own things but she chooses to follow a flawed person like me. I worry whenever she comes up with concerns because I know my wisdom is no good and I always try to point her to mom...but she insists she wants to hear my opinion. It's tough but good. I learn to do my research (Pray,read my Bible...) and be ready to answer.
My twin? Oh my, what would I do without her? She keeps me in check on so many levels. Shopping is hard when she's around (she's my conscience) and she helps me with so many things. She listens attentively and gives me her opinion in a very raw way (she likes to kick me in the shins a couple of times.)
Love my family and blessed to call them mine.

No comments:
Post a Comment