I woke up that morning thinking, "Oh, how am I going to do this??" We scheduled the photoshoot 3 days before and she mentioned the weather forecast was rain. Hey, the weatherman could be wrong, right? But then again...this is Washington. So that morning, I looked at the clouds accusingly, sipping my coffee wondering how this might work. My sisters were super supportive and had all the confidence I didn't have to make this work. I was thankful to have them coming as well as my good friend, Christina.
We met at our location, after driving through the most unforgiving, merciless rain only to have the clouds part in time for our photoshoot. We jumped out of the car and I ushered Maren closer to anywhere where the light was best.
The photo on the left was one of my first shots and it turned out brilliant! I was so happy that I practically gushed when I took the picture. The lighting was perfect and the rain created such a sense of calm. LOVED IT.
I have learned overcast skies can be a photographers friend. Seriously. No harsh light and this girl? Oh my goodness she is so lovely! Such a sweet, happy personality and truly a natural born leader. She gave us the grand tour of the location and the history! Maren knows her stuff.
Maren is a good friend of my sister's. I was so blessed to have the opportunity to photograph her and get to know her better. She'll be doing great things this summer and I'm so excited what's in store and how God is going to bless her. 

Thank you, Maren for allowing me to photograph you! You are a sweet person with a heart for the Lord. Keep pursuing Him and I pray He would continue to work in you and through you! Again, thank you and be blessed!




These are amazing, Maria! I still read your blog often even if I don't comment much! Thanks for sharing your heart so often. And these portraits? Best you've ever done! Love them! I feel like you captured Maren so well!
ReplyDeleteAlesha