Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 2: I don't understand tragedy...but He can give the peace that surpasses all understanding

Day 1 was yesterday and not much happened. I forgot that Spotify uses my Facebook account to log in, so while I deactived my FB nearly at midnight the night before, it was reactivated thanks to Spotify. I went and deactivated it again. :) I carry out my word so when I say something, I intend to keep it.

I said that the times I used FB would instead be used for times of prayer...well let me just say, when did I ever find time for FB? I can barely find time to sit down, read, and pray. But even in the small moments, I manage to say a quick prayer or think of a verse. I just have to put more effort like I used to for FB.
Work, school, and other things have been good. This week my eyes have been opened just a little to the people around me. I see the tragedies, sorrows, and the many heavy burdens that are upon them. We had a meeting yesterday and when we were finished we prayed. We brought requests of a few people and it broke my heart to see the troubles on these people.
After the meeting, I reflected on my heart the things we had brought before the Lord.
"Lord, how do these people do it? God, how can so much sorrow and trouble be on one person? Why does this happen to them?"
 I didn't know the answer. I couldn't find an answer. In the small moments of suffering in my life, all I know is that God uses it. He doesn't cause evil or bad things to happen. He allows them...I don't know the explanation. But I can pray.
Lord,
Heavenly Father, I pray for these people that are in my heart right now. I don't know or understand the pain which is in their lives but I would ask You draw near to them. Give them the peace they so desperately need. Remind them they are not alone and You can help them. Even right now in my own heart, I don't get why losing a loved one would bring good. But I won't doubt You. Please, I beg You to be with these people. If they are sick, I ask that You would bring healing and if their sickness is causing anxiety, show them You are God and You hold everything in Your hand. You enable us to get through the storm. You never leave us. May we find the joy that surpasses all understanding. Because if I were to understand, You wouldn't be big enough. Yes, there might be things we don't understand...but You give us a peace we don't understand to stand strong. I love You, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment