Oh Sweet Sunday! And it's Veteran's Day too...
Remember the ones who have served our country and continue to pray for them and their families. The military life is tough and the men and women who put up with it? Wow. It takes alot. I read this quote today from a friend and I thought it was fitting...
"Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened."
-Billy Graham
Amen to that.
Yesterday was also the Marine Corps birthday...a special day. :) These past two days have been a good reflection on the things our armed forces do for our country and I'm so grateful. My dad served for a long time in the Marines and I'm proud of him.
My sister and I were talking awhile back and she was expressing her frustration to me over an article she had read.
"Did you know that Americans are forgetting our troops? That they have gotten so used to hearing about it, the troops don't matter anymore."she told me.
I was shocked as she was and it was saddening to hear this. Have we really forgotten our troops? Many are coming back from the desert and the things that they have faced...they absolutely need our support but most importantly God.
So keep praying for them. Find ways to help and remind them they are supported.
No comments:
Post a Comment