Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sweet Sunday! Day 12, right???

Of course, I  lost count on what days I've missed on FB....hehe. A good thing I think. Not realizing the time I've missed on the social network. There's been times when I'm like, "I need FACEBOOK NOW!" <------But that was because my dearest twin, did not know the time for an event...well she did but it was absolutely the WRONG time. We would've arrived at the end if we went with the time she thought it was. But hey, I can survive.

This Sunday was good. We were going to go to first service but my mother was wayyyy too tired to drive so we decided second service would be a good idea. I was glad, because a few of my friends went to Israel and I was wondering how it went...I love that they went and will share what they saw. I say 'will share' because unfortunately, the one I really wanted to talk to was sick.  Bummed, she's sick. Not so that I can't hear about her trip but mainly because being sick is NOT FUN.

So this Sunday was so good...the message and worship, I will never tire of. Yes, I'll have days where I don't feel like worshipping but my love for it will never go. I pray that it never does. The message was on Luke 1 and about Zechariah and his wife Elizabeth. It's a beautiful imagery of God, His promises and faithfulness. It's a story that declares God hears our prayers and they never go unanswered. As I was sitting, listening to this message, there were things in my heart that I've been wrestling with for many months. Prayers which at times seemed to go no further than the ceiling...but in this message, I was reminded I was so deeply very wrong. Even now, my heart can't comprehend that God has heard all my prayers. As the pastor was saying there are prayers we have forgotten, but God has not forgotten. He hears all of the prayers that we utter even the ones our hearts quietly plead before Him.

I can rest in this.

I can know and you can too, God listens. And He answers.
It can be yes, no, wait or maybe He won't answer at the moment. But He answers.

Lord,
You know all my prayers...please forgive me when I doubt Your work. I'm sorry for not trusting you even though my lips say otherwise. Give me a heart which rests on Your plans and doesn't doubt You. And if the answer is no...let me be content in that. You have my good in mind...help me not to be upset. I love You. Always and forever, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment