Today is Monday.
Just having one of those days where I stress out...my little sister was asking about a verse but I'm not quite sure how I got this one stuck in my head since I don't think was the verse she was talking about. It's one of those days where the rainy days totally fit how I feel. Not in a crying sense (goodness, I haven't really cried in a long time) but the kind where everything feels a bit dreary. Calm but dreary. But a teensy-bit sad too. Wow, why am I sad? I have no reason! I guess, I'm letting some of my worries and other peoples burdens get to me. I don't like to see people hurt and I often wish I could fix people's problems. But that's God's job, not mine. And I'm glad it's not mine because I don't know what's best for anyone, let alone myself anyway.I enjoy listening to people. Really I do, because I pray. No, it's not the kind of prayers with fanciful words or anything. It's just a simple, "Lord, please be with them..." then I tell Him the issue. I'll think about the person or issue they may have, and have a conversation with the Lord. During these times, though, I think I do more talking than allowing God to speak. I'll catch myself and think about His Word for a little while. Often, as I think about it, I can't seem to understand why things happen the way they do. And I get the small whisper, "Trust Me."
I'll sigh and be persistent with my requests...I'm a difficult child. Always have been, I suppose.
But God is so good. He reminds me to trust, and when I finally trust, there is peace...
Oh, peace!
My classwork has slacked and I'm worried about my grades. It's my own fault they got low. He has always worked and helped me through these issues...but I don't blame Him, and I deserve it if I mess this up.
Just venting for today....

No comments:
Post a Comment