Saturday, December 15, 2012

Reveal

After the initial shock of the news sunk in yesterday, I was in a daze for a few hours.
The morning started with my sister mentioning it, then my little sister telling me not to read it....and when my mom began to tear up...well I knew I had to know. And I did find out. Those first moments of finding out had me numb, then I was filled at such anger to the person who would dare hurt an innocent child. I had last minute classwork that needed to be done so I directed my energy there for a moment...I don't know...maybe I just needed to get away from the horror. But I found the news, images, repeating in my mind. A little girl had said she and the other children were scared, crying and many had felt sick. Just the thoughts of those last moments....

Then the Lord revealed something to me that I will never, ever forget. I saw Hands reaching out to the little ones and each child's face looking up...every single individual child was being received by Him. "They are with Me." He reminded me. "Nothing can ever touch them and they are out of evil's reach. They are no longer experiencing fear but peace."

My emotions just let loose right then. I began to cry and just put my face in my hands.
I don't like to admit I cried...especially like this. But I just wanted to share what the Lord reminded me...because it's true. Those precious kids are with Him at this very moment.

Later, my sister and I went to work...our hearts were both saddened and as we entered through the school building, well, it just felt different in the first few moments of entrance. We clocked in, and placed the activities for the kids. Our co-worker came and we shared our hearts over the matter. She was choked up and we grieved together. Knowing it was time for the kids to come out, we headed to the location where we meet them...

Upon first sight of the kids running, my heart melted. They were singing, laughing, and just being silly.
"Ms. Maria! Can you braid my hair?" a little girl asked me with a hopeful expression on her face.
"Yes! Of course!" I said remembering my promise to braid her hair. She sat in front of me and I got the hair tie ready. Pulling the metal folding chair close to her, I divided her hair into three strands.

And out of nowhere comes Nellie Oleson.

Her real name isn't Nellie but she sure has the personality. Down to bribing kids with candy (in her case, Ice Breakers Sour Mints) Sometimes we bump heads and I have to give her a time-out because she can be a little rude. She's extremely bossy and all the children follow her.

She yells, 'Ms. MARIA!!!!" and throws her arms around me. I give her a tight hug, hold her a second longer and tell her "Go play!" She runs away laughing and I swallow trying not to cry.

At the end of the day, another child approaches me.
"How do you spell 'JESUS'?" , he asks me with big blue eyes. His expressions states he's embarassed he doesn't know how to spell (it's all right, kiddo. You're in kindergarten.) and I tell him. He carefully draws a gift box, and with a backward 'J'. I began to feel so blessed to be around these kids.

"Ms. Maria! Jasmine (not real name) is drawing a bubble head picture of me!!!" said T.( can't think of a good T name)  Biting my cheek so as not to break out laughing, I glance at the picture. He's right and it's hilarious.

I believe the Lord used these moments to lift me up...and I'm so thankful.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE PRAY!

Pray for the families, children, teachers, responders EVERYBODY who was involved in this tragic horrific event. They need us to lift them to the Lord! Only He can help them during their time of need...
Lord, I can't understand the overwhelming loss these parents must feel. My grief is nothing compared to the depth of their sorrow. They are deeply hurt at their loss of their little ones. Will You reveal Yourself to them? Show them, they can see their children again. Remind them hope is not lost. May they come to the saving knowledge of You. Please give them peace and bring comfort to their broken, shattered hearts.
Hear my cry, O God;
Attend to my prayer.
From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
-Psalm 61:1-2
 
 
"Blessed are those who mourn,
For they shall be comforted."
-Matthew 5:4
 

 "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” -
Revelation 21:4


"You keep track of all my sorrows.
You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
You have recorded each one in your book."
-Psalm 56:8

No comments:

Post a Comment