Saturday, December 1, 2012

Day 5



This past week I got interested in a book called," A Voice in the Wind". My friend had lent it to me and even though I knew it was a series, I read it anyway. I'm not too fond of book series and my distaste for them furthered when I finished reading "A Voice in the Wind." I hated the ending...until the very next day after I finished, I saw an excerpt of book two in the back. I read it and then hated book series more because now I was left with a cliffhanger!

Ugh, why do the authors do this to me?

So I went ahead, mosied around amazon a bit and purchased book 2 and book 3, which arrived yesterday.

I finished reading book 2 "An echo in the darkness" TODAY. Yes, you read that right. As soon as work was over I went straight home, read the book (stayed up late) and finished reading it today. And I'm so happy with how it ended.
 The author, Francine Rivers has amazing skill in writing and her creativity in bringing the characters alive captivates any reader. She writes however, unashamedly of the lewdness of Rome and the practices that were so prevalent in those times. She shows the immorality and while it did bother me some, she also brings to light life can become immoral and hopeless without Christ. Without the hope of Jesus, people will pursue these things. I don't ususally like reading these things but given the timeline, I think she depicted the events quite accurately. There was no sense of exagerration or anything meant to make the story more interesting.  Book 2 also gives a recap of Book 1 in so many ways so if you skipped reading Book 1, this book will cover the story for you. Granted, Book 1 is more in detail so if you're like me who have to know the details of everything, read book 1.
 I enjoy reading books and I often tell my family books are held in the same level I want new lenses for my camera. Only difference is books are more attainable.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment