Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday Foto

Hello Everyone!!
Ha! I made it! Friday and I get to post something for Friday!!! \(^_^)/ Yep I'm excited....

Okay so here it goes....today I thought it might be neat to discuss focus. When you take pictures of an object mainly you would like to draw the viewer to it and for that to happen you need to have a well focused picture. Out of focus, blurry pictures are great if you are trying to capture motion (water, a speeding car,...etc). Other than that a well-focused picture is key to any photo.
Okay so here is a good example...When it comes to people or pets the most important thing in taking a portrait is focus on the eyes. When I took this shot the bun was just moving everywhere. He was pretty excited to see me so it was hard to get a good sharp shot...Of course what I did was increase my shutter and I was able to capture him standing up. The only issue with this image? Eyes aren't focused. Maybe I'm picky but I wanted to capture an image that basically connects with the viewer. So I redid the shot.


Here I zoomed out a bit (I didn't mean to) and I was able to focus on the furball's eyes. I like this one better because a clear focus on the eyes makes the viewer connect.
Another thing about focus is following the Rule of Thirds. Its an age-old rule in terms of photography but I think its a good one to fall back on when you are trying to make your photo interesting. Think about, if you have a good picture and your object is in the middle while it may make for a good photo I believe it could be interesting if, lets say, you took it with your subject in the middle right side of a photo.

Here the subject (ladybug) is pretty much in the middle. I think its okay but I wish I moved the lens just a tad bit to the left so the subject could be on the bottom right.

So I did the next best thing...I cropped the image! Yes, it might be cheating, I guess, but I really didn't like that ladybug in the center. And with cropping it just bring the image closer...I like it.
Okay so this is pretty much it for Friday Foto. I'm off to edit some more ( It's like painting on a canvas but instead of a canvas its a laptop!). Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment