Ever have those days where you feel like the whole world is against you? I do. Here take a look at my life....and the thoughts that wander...
As I'm walking out a store someone opens the door for me...
You mean you want me to leave???
"Hello ma'am, would you like cream with that?"
Are you calling me fat??? Do you think I SHOULDN'T get cream???
"You look nice today!"
What? Do I look BAD the rest of the time?!
"Maria, you forgot to do the dishes again!!!"
Finally! Kind words!
Oh...life! ;) While these instances are humorous, there are some instances where we can tend to dig deeper than what is really in front of us. And that is where I just want to focus on today (yeah I know its been a week since my last blog post). The lies of the enemy. Often in my own life, I have seen things and I totally dig so much into their meaning that it just gets so blown out of proportion. I remember an instance where I was asked to give something that was mine and to lend it to a friend so that she could use it. I was quite capable of handling the equipment myself and I was upset that they didn't ask for MY assistance instead. I took it personally and unfortunately (and to my shame) it was an event that got blown so out of proportion and I deeply regret acting the way that I did. They were just asking to use something of mine because they needed it and I selfishly lashed out, believing that they were just playing favorites. I still cringe about the whole ordeal and its something I don't wish to repeat. I believed the lie that they were being "clique-ish" and that they were just using me. I believed the lie that was being repeated, "They don't like you. Get it? They just want whats yours so that THEY can use it.They are using you. Come on, the only time they talk to you is when they need something thats yours. They don't want your skills. You've got none." It was a horrible lie that I let get to me. And it happened with people I loved and respected. The enemy (by the way, the enemy of course is Satan) hates the fellowship that believers have together. And this was an attack on my friendship with them.
I hope I have matured since that event...you see, I dug deeper than what was necessary. I dug past the truth to what eventually became a falsehood. How many times do we do that? There are things in life that the enemy likes to twist it in such a sick way. Why? To destroy us. To get our focus off of Jesus and who He is. To distract us from the call of God. See, if we fall into the lies, they have the potential to take us on the destructive path the enemy desires us to get into. I was blessed...and they were asking to use my blessing to help another.But I didn't (well I did...but rather begrudgingly so it would have been better if I didn't help at all). My point? Don't believe the lies. I missed out on a blessing because of my belief in the enemy's lies. A verse that I meditated on for this post (I hope it makes sense!) is...
"For we walk by faith, not by sight."
2 Corinthians 5:7
My vision was distorted...and it could have been fixed had I turned to the Lord. The lie made me angry and hurt. But had I brought it to the Lord and trusted Him in the situation instead of taking it to my own hands and acting irrational, I believe it could have turned out wayyyyyy better...
Happy Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment