Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sweet Sundayyyyyy

*sigh*
For the past few weeks, Sundays have been so...SUNNY. :) I really enjoy Sunday more than any other day of the week. In fact, its probably the only day where I feel so CONTENT...wierd? Yeah, maybe. The past week has just finished and Sunday feels like a new start is around the corner...its the in between kind of day. And its a day with my God. I really do like going to church. I remember the years after I got saved how hard it was to find a church and how I could never seem to get enough teaching from the radio. I remember dreaming of attending Bible college and being disappointed I couldn't go because I thought it was just for guys (which I later found out that its not! Bible College is for everyone!) I love reading and learning the Word of God. To be honest, I always wanted to be a missionary more than anything. Its a desire bigger than my desire to be a photographer...but hey I don't know. I mean, I did face a heartbreak about it here and it doesn't look like it could happen. However, I'm NOT going to dwell on it. Its so easy to feel sorry for myself and that isn't what I want to do. So I'm going to enjoy today. He knows whats best and I'm trusting Him. :) Okay so enough with that topic...

Guess what? At service today we addressed the topic on lying. And what was yesterdays post about? Being lied to. When I first became a Christian, one of the things I had to stop was lying. In fact, other than the issues surrounding my life, the one guilt that pushed me to Christ was how much I constantly lied. I had told a terrible lie about someone and the guilt stuck with me for over a year. It was one of my worst lies! And I felt it every single.day. I didn't know Christ at the time so I didn't know how to shake the guilt off. But then I heard a sermon on the radio and there that was when I heard about being cleansed and forgiven. :) It was so good. 

But I didn't immediately stop my lying tongue.

What went wrong? Well quite simply put, almost immediately after I got saved I got into the wrong set of people. People who encouraged this kind of behavior. Thankfully, we moved away almost a year later and found a church at our new place. It took awhile to find the church (we weren't sure what we were looking for) and there I learned who the father of lies was. It was a scary verse for me to read at the time...

"You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. "

-John 8:44 (bold emphasis mine)

Ack! I wanted to be God's child! But if I was lying all the time....

So this verse made me do a huge u-turn. I stopped lying. I don't like to lie and I hate doing it. I try very hard to stay away from lying and making sure I am honest. However, sometimes I accidentally lie (example: If I had an emotional day and someone asked me how I was doing...because the situation was too personal I would immediately respond "Fine." without even thinking I was lying.). I hate doing that.

Well thats it for Sweet Sunday ( I didn't mean to babble, parrot, chatter nonstop, yadayada).

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment