Monday, June 11, 2012

I don't like to admit it but...



I think I'm sick. Bleh.

For almost two years (since we came back to the States!) I have not gotten sick at all! Oh yeah, I've had allergies that can be as uncomfortable as being sick but I haven't been SICK. Until last night. It started as I might have mentioned in my last post, with my sister being sick. We were having a dandy old time at the BBQ until I began to have a minor sore throat. Wierd, being almost summer and everything but yeah that was the first symptom. Then the headache...oh that headache...I was in pain before I went to sleep and my sleep was so tiring. My throat and headache just would not let me sleep! And then this morning, it was almost unbearable. :P I hate being sick. And I blame my sister for the germs...UGH.

It was interesting because I happened to see some Lysol wipes and on the container it says "Fights The Flu Virus! ". Well I HOPE I don't have the flu but was quite tempted to just blow my nose with it. hehe. KIDDING...well halfway ;).  Let me show you how last week was...because I was focused on other things that I took some time to reflect...so blogging was a bit sporadic...


With what happened last week...the emotional things I was going through...I was glad I accepted  Alesha's invite to her home for a crafting day. It was a great time because 1.) I was able to just shift my focus. 2.) This girl knows how to sew! She was very patient with my daring idea to make a camera bag! I've met few people who can tolerate my naive-ness in the world of sewing. My sister is one of them and now Alesha...hehe. I think that should be a spiritual gift no? Okay enough with my lame jokes!
Here is Alesha making a cover for her Ipad. She really knows her way around the sewing machine. Like when I was there, I was marveling at how easy she made it look! She was just snip here, snip there, measure, and sew! And me? Well, for crying out loud, I sewed two sides of my bag together!
I DARE NOT POST A PICTURE. 
This is my mom's sewing machine on the left (well the only sewing machine picture here!) and these are Alesha's vintage pins. I loved the detail the packaging had and the design! Yes, I'm a dork. I just HAD to snap a picture.
And here's my twin...hiding. Can you tell she's photogenic? She was a great help to me when I was crafting and that week. I really am grateful for her. :)
Well thats enough for today. I wanted to post the happenings of yesterday but I figured I do something with them on Friday Foto. I was practicing some things with my camera which I think will apply to this week.
Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment