Everytime I'm editing its pretty much a guarantee I'll end up on Blogger...
OKAY! So this week was kinda an emotional/shock week for me...I found out on Monday one of my classmates from high school passed away while serving in Afgahnistan. The news shook me and I really thought for a few hours it was the wrong person. I'm much better now...
I was reminded of Easter.I think I totally needed to remember what Jesus did. For those of you who haven't been reading, this past Easter I was totally reignited in my love for the Lord. You can read about it here. So while I was grieving over my classmates death, God brought into memory that another Person had died.He reminded me He died so that those, who would die here on earth, would have eternal life after death. Death is not the end and that there is hope. It is the beginning of a beautiful life in Heaven. My classmate died a hero to serve his country. But Jesus came so that my classmate would have that oppurtunity to live with Him eternally. Its a marvelous truth people!
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.
-Hebrews 2:9
Jesus tasted death so that you wouldn't have to! He tasted it for you! Death comes to everyone...but eternal life? Where will you spend it? Where do you want to spend it? Lets face it...heaven and hell are for real. There is no sugar-coating here and I'm going to tell you straight out. Jesus died for the sins of the world, He paid the debt, and rose on the third day. It was brutal what Jesus went through. He got so beat up because of my sin and yours. But He rose VICTORIOUSLY. So that we would have life...Where do you want to go? Hell was never meant for mankind. It was meant for the devil and his angels. It was NEVER meant for you. We were made for Heaven. We were made for HIM. We lost that relationship in the Garden (read Genesis!) but Jesus bought it back.
These are not my words but that of my Savior and my Love. This isn't my opinion but what God has told us through His Word.I believe my classmate knew the Lord and is now with Jesus. I have that hope that he knew Him. Thank you Lord.
"In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also." John 14:2-3
No comments:
Post a Comment