Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sweet Sundayyyyy

Ahhh...yes its Sunday. :) Did I ever mention how much I love Sundays? Its been a great day so far. Weather-wise it looks like it might be rainy (I'm hoping for more thunderstorms like the one we had a few days ago) and everything is slow and quiet. We went to church this morning and the service was so good. A missions team had gone to Mexico awhile back and they shared their experiences about the trip. I was just so amazed by their testimony of God's hand on the things that happened and how He faithfully provided. Each account I heard, I saw that God met them right where they were and I was blessed to see an amazing group of youth growing in faith. Isn't it just so good to hear these things from our youth? To know that they are working a small part for the kingdom of God! Hello, thats big. Especially to a nation like Mexico...my people! Love it. So many people in that nation need to hear the Gospel, need to know their is hope and I just pray that God would work in that nation through people who are working the harvest!

37 Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few.
-Matthew 9:37

I'm going to pray that God stirs hearts for the harvest...God has so much in store!!! :D

So, a few days ago we had a small thunderstorm. I say small because it really wasn't that big but I've been craving for a huge thunderstorm since we came back to the States so this was better than nothing. I really didn't believe what I heard was thunder until my mom called me to the window and I saw this.

Approaching storm
I was like, "Whoa! I haven't seen a sky like this since Oki!" They were dark clouds stacked high and they were looming right over us! I got all excited, ran to get my camera and began snapping pictures. It was so great!
This wasn't the stormy side, but I thought I should snap it anyway. I love clouds and looking up at the sky. Seriously.
hail!
It's one of the things that gets on my dad's nerves because I am ALWAYS mesmerized by the sky! I love watching clouds, stars, the way the trees move gracefully with the wind. I love nature. I love creation. But I love the Creator more. I get just awed by nature when I watch a spider weave a web, when I hear the low rumble of thunder (and when it reverberates through the ground.)

I'm not quite sure why it annoys my dad. hehe. I've explained to him before why I get so caught up looking at the sky or (clouds! stars! birds! YEAH I'M WIERD) or staring at bugs (specifically spiders. I can't GET OVER their intricacies on web-making) But he doesn't get it. Must be a guy thing. So I just try to make sure he doesn't catch me daydreaming. :)

Well thats it for today. I hope I didn't bore you with my random post.

Have a Sweet Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment