Today my mom was cleaning out her desk and she asked if I could help her organize her magazine collection. Specifically, the ones from Okinawa.
I agreed to help her sort them, figure out which ones we had (10 copies of the same issue?? What were we thinking?) and as usual when it comes to cleaning, I got distracted. I remember collecting these magazines for her and then before I would give them to her, I looked at them for photography inspiration. Today, as I was looking through them I was not only struck with the photography, but with the memories I have of Okinawa. I don't know why I remembered, but I realized that it will be two years this Sunday that we left Oki. TWO YEARS!
And I feel like I left last month.
![]() |
| I took this at the same island (the name escapes me), different time. My dad thought it best to come with me that time. |
I used to love taking off in the morning. Often, I had insomniac nights and by morning I was still very much awake so I would get up and drive... anywhere. One morning, after informing my sleepy sister I was leaving, I went to another island. It was so beautiful and quiet!
I don't think if it was the same morning, but I almost got stuck in a mud path. I had a rinky-dinky car specifically a Nissan March and I was freaking out because I didn't know how to get out of the road! It was a narrow road and the only way out was to keep driving straight.
I didn't know where the road would end up so I decided to do a U-turn...I'm so glad my car was small enough that it was possible to do that. Yeah I had to reverse a few times, (never mind the small lake directly behind my car) but I still thought it was fun.
I can't do that here. I'm forbidden by my parents.
![]() |
| It was so windy... |
*sigh* I really do miss Oki.
![]() |
| Not my best Rainier shot. |
But I am happy here... :)





No comments:
Post a Comment