Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sweet Sunday

I'm looking outside and all I see is an overcast day...cars driving by, the leaves gently moving with the slight wind. *pause* Way to go, speedster. Totally ruined my reverie (yes a car with a super loud engine that thinks it can drive fast just drove by...) So unfortunately, we were unable to go to church today. I woke up knowing something was wrong and I went (rather hurriedly, I'm afraid) to her room to see how she was doing. Not so well. She hadn't slept good so I knew today we were going to stay home. I fixed her some broth this morning while she slept a little while longer...hey she does it for me, so why can't I do something too? It was something with potatos, onions and some other ingredient (its a secret! hehe!) and while I was preparing it for her she woke up. She was talking to me and she had no idea what I was doing.
"You know, when I was little my mom would make this soup for us (her brothers and sisters) when were sick. It had potatoes...."

Here my heart rises, and I'm rejoicing that whatever gene my grandma passed down evidentally kicked in...

" AND I HATED IT!"

LOL. Let me tell you that my mom had NO IDEA I was making something for her. But don't worry, after she told us more of the ingredients I realized it was a different soup.Excepting the potatoes...none of the ingredients were in the soup I was preparing. She ate it quite happily.And I was happy. :)

So here I am. I'm missing church...and I realize I missed Communion. Bummer. But I am enjoying today. Despite the fact, we missed church my mom is making it a point to have a sermon playing... :) That we may listen to God's Word... I love my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment