Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sweet Sunday: Sick at Home Editon

















1 AM-felt the headache coming...knew I needed some Acetaminophen (TYLENOL!) to stop it.

2 AM- Dizziness and weak. I was feeling dizzy and I was laying down? Yep. Room felt like it was spinning.

3 AM- Mom woke up to check how I was feeling. My head was pounding (ever got hit on the head with a basketball? Yep) every second. I was tearing up from the pain (one would think I was crying but it just hurt so bad!) She got me gatorade thinking I might be dehydrated.
Since I was little, whenever my sisters and I got sick, my mom always gave us gatorade. To this day, I can't stand the drink because it reminds me so much of my sick days. Especially with the stomach flu. But last night I really wanted the headache to go away so I thought she might be right. She didn't want to wake up the rest of the household so she used a flashlight to navigate around the house. That flashlight hurt my eyes...the back of my eyes felt like something was twisting. UGH.

Overslept this morning. Felt weak but better than last night. Came downstairs to see the fam...obviously we didn't go to church so my dad put on the live streaming from the website. I had breakfast, cuddled up on the couch and listened...

It was very good. I'm only bummed we missed out on Communion.
There is something about listening to a message, really, the Word and just the peace it gives. I can't explain it.
I'm worried I might not be well enough to go to work tomorrow and hang out later with a good friend of mine. I really hope that doesn't happen. The last couple months, I've been getting sick like it's cool. My immune system is usually stronger than that (Maricela is the one I'm watching, but this time it's the other way around) so I feel really wimpy.
This last week I've been feeling a bit dreary but all that is good now. I just need to keep my focus on the Lord and trust Him at all times. It's neat because in my sick days I'm drawn closer to God...hehe. It might be because I'm pleading with Him to make me better and instead of wasting my times on other things, I end up listening to sermons and messages. Mainly, because when I'm sick my activities are limited.
Can't edit pictures, takes too long.
Can't read, because my eyes hurt.
Can't do anything outdoors-y because I'm weak and dizzy.
But I can sit and hear His Word.
Perhaps this is good after all.

My little sister makes me tea everytime I get sick. So far this one is my favorite.

 
"The Lord will guide you continually,
And satisfy your soul in drought,
And strengthen your bones;
You shall be like a watered garden,
And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail."
Isaiah 58:11



No comments:

Post a Comment