Friday, March 8, 2013

My Mama! Ai yai,yai,yai!

She is the most talented person you'll ever meet. Seriously. The work that she does with her hands is amazing and I'm always wondering if I'll ever meet up to that standard. She makes fresh tortillas and cooks everything from scratch on a daily basis. She does everything with precision and quickness and in the end comes a masterpiece of flavor that none of us can replicate. Sometimes she'll make something new and we ask her where did she get the recipe.
"There is no recipe. I just got bored of cooking the same thing and wanted to try something new. If it tastes good, it's from above. It's not me. Remember that." My mom always points to the Lord in everything she does. I know I don't appreciate her enough. In fact, I instead drive her crazy. She is a strong mama in the Lord but I know I test her limits...at least once a week. I'm her emotional daughter and my mom? Well, she deals with it. When I'm off throwing a fireworks of emotions, she'll sit me down and remind me who is God. She makes sure I understand and she tries her hardest not to leave me an emotional oddball. She'll give me talks and I find myself challenged and encouraged. Not all the time, though. Sometimes, I really don't feel like listening which of course, is dumb.

I do love my mom and I really wish I was a better daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment