Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sweet Sunday! Victory in Jesus

Sweet Sunday! Oh, how I have longed for this day all through the week. Today has been a day of refreshment and peaceful reverie...*sigh* I love it. The worship time we had at church helped me get back in focus. It was a rough week and instead of going to Jesus more like I should have, I have been entertaining (actually escaping) myself to Pinterest. I shouldn't have...I really shouldn't have. I needed Him all this week. We had our Saturday Fellowship yesterday and it was such a blessed time! We were able to encourage, pray for each other...and just share some of our struggles. Like iron sharpens iron... at the end of the day I was extremely tired both emotionally and mentally. So today was good. We sang a song and I loved it. It was a hymn (on case you don't know I LOVE hymns!).

O victory in Jesus,
My Savior, forever.
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him
And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory,
Beneath the cleansing flood.


I was reminded of the victory we have in Jesus. This week I was feeling anything but victorious. I felt like I had been kicked a thousand times and I couldn't get up. It was a irritating week and I instead  went straight to Pinterest. Nothing wrong with the site, but it was wrong of me to turn to the internet when I should have pursued a quiet time with the Lord.

So today at service as I sang this song, it reminded me of the times my family would go to the pool. I was about 8 or 9 at the time and I remember my dad tossing me in the air and I would fall into the water. I also remember going down the water slide and when I would go into the water in a delightful plunge. I would get back up and I'd find myself underneath the water coming from the slide. It was torrential, refreshing feeling as the water fell hard on my head. Of course I needed to move so that those going down the slide wouldn't kick me from behind. So I wasn't able to enjoy it as long as I wanted to.

This song made me think of Jesus doing just that.

Plunging me into the pool of victory beneath the cleansing flood. I was feeling rather defeated and I pictured Jesus taking me and putting me under the flood. I pictured Him throwing me into the air and falling into the water where I was refreshed and energized. All because of what He did for me. Loving me, dying for me so that I could have victory. I needed to be reminded Jesus loved me and He cared about what I was going through. All I had to do was turn to Him. He had every right to be angry with me for turning away and looking into the world. He instead, drew me to Him and threw me into the air! It was good. And the message was good too! It was about being a child of God and the blessings that we have in Christ Jesus.

Such a good day...


No comments:

Post a Comment