Photography is my dream.
Many girls around my age think of getting married, having a family or being successful in life in a career...
My dream is to be a photographer and travel! To capture the sights of what God has created and to breathe in these places. To capture the surreal blue of the ocean, to feel the chill of mist in the distant mountains...to listen to birdcalls I've never heard of. To listen to different tribes of each nation and to hear the languages which sound like rivers...
I want to bring my camera with me on these adventures someday...or if they ever occur. It is a huge WANT and it is one that I need to be careful when I think of it. It is a desire which can easily bring me to idolatry and if I'm not careful, replace God. Yes it's a huge desire that I feel whenever I look into a magazine and the author is a traveler themselves...or when I see photographs of animals that can only exist on the Galapagos Islands or the Sahara. *sigh* Or when I see the great structures (thanks travel channel) of Big Ben, the Colosseum, and the Great Wall...sheesh I want to visit Australia too!
I want to see them. I don't want to settle just yet.
| Taken at Shuri Castle |
No comments:
Post a Comment