Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sweet Sunday: God WILL come through!!! Part 1





















I have wonderful,wonderful NEWS!!!

Let me began to tell you how my morning started...
I woke up late (as usual. I love my sleep) and it took me awhile but for some reason I forgot today was Sunday. I was just lying in bed, looking at the ceiling trying to remember why was I supposed to get up...my sister came in, told me the time, then I remembered. CHURCH. I had church today and I overslept BIG TIME. So I quickly jumped out of bed and tried to figure out a reasonable outfit that didn't say "I overslept-and-got ready in 3 minutes". I dug for my shoes (which were conveniently located under my bed, under a bag, under some cowboy boots I don't know why I have, and under more shoes) pulled them out and ran to the bathroom to get something to put in my hair.
Well guess what? My sister had the exact same pair of shoes on. "WHAT??? We can't wear the same shoes!!! We'll be twins!!" I said in disbelief. My sister was like "whatever." Annoyed, I scrambled back to find another pair. Moving on to my hair. I didn't grab the hair product after all so I went back, decided I was going to braid my hair and then guess what? MY TWIN WAS BRAIDING HER HAIR TOO!!!!
"What is it with you??? Are you trying to copy everything I do?" I exclaimed, even though she had been up earlier than me and I was nowhere near finished getting ready. Forget it, I thought, I'll come up with something else.

"GIRLS!!! WE ARE GOING TO BE LATE!!!! ARE YOU READY?" My mother called from downstairs.

I rushed through the routine, put mousse on, went downstairs and realized I forgot my Bible and purse. As I came upstairs, I passed the mirror and I saw how tired I looked. Makeup, I NEED MAKEUP!!! With a frustrated sigh and a literally the clock ticking against me, I grabbed my Bible, purse but could NOT FIND MY MAKEUP BAG. I looked everywhere trying to remember where I placed it. "GIRLS!!! COME DOWNSTAIRS NOW!!! I AM LEAVING!!!"
My sisters offered me their makeup and I threw back a response saying I didn't need THEIRS but MINE.
On the way to church I calmed down a bit, and apologized to my sisters. My little sister was more forgiving but the twin? Not so much. So I borrowed whatever facial improvement I needed and humbly asked my sister for her mirror/makeup tools. When we got to the parking lot, I apologized again, and my twin feeling a little bit sarcastic (and playful) was like, "You BETTER be sorry!"
I laughed and she explained that I couldn't be getting annoyed like that just because we had the same shoes. I nodded and humbly asked if we could go to the coffeeshop because I desperately needed caffeine. I didn't have time to make any and I knew after the service I would be the grinch if I didn't get my coffee. She said yes and when we got there it was packed. We saw our friend, Christina and me being just content with the smell of coffee, I waved enthusiastically like a lunatic who has been stranded on an island for a year. She smiled and moved over to greet us. She had been talking to my sister's coworker so I nodded my head in his direction and greeted him as well. We were talking about something when he came back and asked if I was still looking for a job. I nodded my head, feeling embarassed that I hadn't landed one yet, glanced at my sister because I didn't want her to think I was upset she had one and I didn't. I searched in my mind for an acceptable response without sounding pitiful when he said he a job opening for me.
(pause)
(breath)
WWWWHHHHHAAAAATTTTTT????????

He proceeded to tell me what I needed to do, when to come in and I was just like a frozen doorknob, mumbling how great idea it was my twin and I should be working together. He nodded and left.
I glanced back at Christina and she was smiling. "Wow, you handled that really-" By then I jumped, gave her a hug (stepped on her toe too) and was like "EEEEE!!!!!!"
I was happy,fidgety, and who needed coffee with news like that?
My sister and I did get our coffee and it wasn't until service, Jesus whispering in my heart. See? I am faithful,His gentle voice declared. And I learned something about Him that has made me fall more in love....but I'll leave that for tomorrow. It requires a longer post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment