Friday, September 7, 2012

It's just a bad day, not a bad life


I read this quote somewhere and I just got stuck with it. I’m all for quotes and usually I love quotes that deal with Scripture…but sometimes I’ll come across one that is still good. Like this one.
 I haven’t been blogging a lot lately. I’m trying to limit my time on the computer (with Facebook and Pinterest this proving to be difficult). But right now I’ve steered away from them to record this moment. I’m having a bad day. It’s the kind of day that if I let myself run away with self-pity or resentment it can easily spiral downward. Or I can go, surrender this day to the Lord and be at peace. Even though it’s almost over I can choose to make this better. Let me admit, that I’d rather self-pity and be resentful. It’s too hard to swallow my pride and admit I was wrong…or worse, try to talk it out. I don’t want to do that. Because if I do, then that means I have to listen and understand.  I’m a stubborn girl.

But you know what would be more difficult than my self-pity?

Knowing I was wrong and not doing anything about it. I’d regret not apologizing and trying to work it out. I have been mean in the past and I chose the route to not apologize…and it bums me out. Because I can see the blessing Jesus could have made it. I can see that He desired to makes things right and He wants me to surrender. It was painful holding grudges…and here I have the opportunity to give this to Him. I don’t always choose the stubborn route. I have given and surrendered many of these times to the Lord. And He fixed it so well…it was like there had never a disagreement. Or He used it to teach me to be a better daughter/sister/friend.  I KNOW He can do something.

At this very second, I feel like I am standing on many of those crossroads life throws at me. I know where the roads lead…what will I choose?

"23 Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift."
-Matthew 5:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment