Read something this morning...thought you might be encouraged as I was.
"No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their righteousness is from Me," Says the LORD."
Isaiah 54:17
I have a commentary Bible that I absolutely love reading. It is called the Word for Today Bible and the commentaries inside are from Pastor Chuck Smith. I read this during my devotions this morning...regarding the verse above.
" I just love this verse! It is one of the greatest in the Bible, and it says so much. 'No weapon formed against you shall prosper.' You can't lose. No matter what kind of assault is mounted against you, no matter what diabolical weapons are aimed to take you down, it won't succeed. 'Every tongue which rises against you,' and all the lies and attacks that are focused on you will ultimately be condemned. 'This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord.' Protection is your divine right. Because you are God's child, your safety is assured.
And the Lord says the best part is, 'And their righteousness is from Me.' It isn't about how deserving we are or how good we are. So many of the attacks against us have to do with our failures. But those attacks fall short because our righteousness isn't really the issue; it is all about His righteousness, which He gives to us. What a glorious heritage is ours, as God's children!"
-Pastor Chuck Smith
Whenever I mess up, I do feel unworthy of Christ's love. I know my sinful state is great and I fall into the lie that I've really blown it with God...but Jesus through His death on the cross, says differently about it. Yes, I sin but there is a hope. And it is found in His righteousness. Nothing I ever did or do, could erase my failures. But Jesus who never failed, says "Here is My righteousness. Put it on and be saved." And that, my friend, is a righteousness that can never tear or fray.
Don't let Satan tell you otherwise. Meditate on God's promises, you are His child, and He will protect you from the evil one. Sometimes, the devil will try to discourage you through many trials of depression, anxiety and others. He has attacked me in many areas of my life. I have been deeply depressed before and I felt like there was no way out. I have lost sleep for days (I wouldn't feel tired. and when I did sleep I only felt more tired when I woke up or as if I had just woke up from a battle.)
But in all of them, God has been with me. Yes, life was stormy and I experienced moments of heavy loneliness...Jesus pulled through and showed me the promise that every storm does pass. And He was victorius. If it hadn't been for Him, I would have been unprotected and damaged. I would have given up hope and the purpose of living. So put on His righteousness, what He did for you, and know that He loves you very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment