"If He could grow weary of me, He would have been tired of me long before now. If He had not loved me with a love as deep as hell, and as strong as death, He would have turned from me long ago. Oh, joy above all joys, to know that I am His everlasting and inalienable inheritance, given to Him by His Father or ever the earth
was!...-Charles Spurgeon
"Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart."-Psalm 37:4
Let me record this moment...
Few years have passed and I can finally see I am free from what I promised God. I told Him if He would work things out I would wait 5 years. 3 years have passed and today I found out I am FREE from that promise.
I was foolish and naive to make such a promise and it was actually one of the reasons why Okinawa still had a part of my heart. It was agonizing and now the "What ifs" and "Should I"'s are done! No more regrets of making a blind promise.
The week I left the beautiful island I thought God was granting me something that I had wished for. Psalm 37:4 was my theme verse and I thought, "This is it!"
However, it didn't happen.
So I promised the Lord I would wait 5 years.
Oy vey, what an agonizing two years! And this year, I began to wonder...if I'm reaching past the halfway mark...what then? Is this really what I wanted? Is this really the Lord's best for my life? A part of me wasn't so sure anymore. A part of me had long given up but because of my promise I didn't let go...a few things raced through my head and I stopped reading that Psalm for a little bit because I remembered the week it was so good to me.
Just last night I read it again...and it was different. And it was good. I didn't reflect on that week and instead focused on the Word and what it means for my life. Opportunities/Blessings echoed through my head...and I didn't once remember that last week on Oki.
Until today. And guess what?
He made it easier for me and closed the door.
*sigh*
I belong to the Lord for now...and I don't have to wonder anymore! I am free! God has something way better than I planned and even though I don't know what it is my heart is free!
My heart is no longer committed and it belongs to the Lord. Whew!
Sorry there isn't specifics but please just rejoice with me that I'm no longer held to a foolish promise on my part.
I wondered so much and worried...but I'm not looking back AGAIN. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment