. Oy sorry for the long silence. Well it was only a week and I think thats better than my every other month silence. hehe. I actually wanted to follow-up with Friday Foto ( I think I might change the name to that instead of Foto Friday) but I got lazy. So hopefully this week I can post something up. Talk about a nice day today! It was so sunnyyyy....I love sun. I love the warmth, the sunburn (okay not so much) how it just lights up the world...*sighhhhhh*.... :) It reminded me of Oki in all its humidity ferocity. It wasn't as hot as Okinawa but it was enough to remind me. So I decided to go take some pictures. No one wanted to come outside so I was left to my own devices and I had a mini photo shoot with my keychain....Okay I just want to scratch that last sentence because that was PATHETIC. oh well moving on. Actually I wanted to take pictures of the flowers on this little tree we have in our backyard. I'm not sure what kind of tree it is but I'm loving it since the blossoms are mostly done around here. Its kind of neat how some things here remind me of Oki. The blossoms for one. I think I can finally say that I don't miss Okinawa as much anymore. Like I won't clam up if someone asked me about it. I would LIKE to say I'm not emotional about it but I don't know because just two weeks ago I tuned in to the live streaming of our old church and they were singing in Japanese and I had to hold myself in check from crying (it was so good to hear them again!). I'm not bitter or stuck in Okinawa anymore. I can say THAT :) God has been good to me here. What I'm learning now I don't think I could have learned in Okinawa. Well have a great Monday!Monday, May 7, 2012
Sunny day
. Oy sorry for the long silence. Well it was only a week and I think thats better than my every other month silence. hehe. I actually wanted to follow-up with Friday Foto ( I think I might change the name to that instead of Foto Friday) but I got lazy. So hopefully this week I can post something up. Talk about a nice day today! It was so sunnyyyy....I love sun. I love the warmth, the sunburn (okay not so much) how it just lights up the world...*sighhhhhh*.... :) It reminded me of Oki in all its humidity ferocity. It wasn't as hot as Okinawa but it was enough to remind me. So I decided to go take some pictures. No one wanted to come outside so I was left to my own devices and I had a mini photo shoot with my keychain....Okay I just want to scratch that last sentence because that was PATHETIC. oh well moving on. Actually I wanted to take pictures of the flowers on this little tree we have in our backyard. I'm not sure what kind of tree it is but I'm loving it since the blossoms are mostly done around here. Its kind of neat how some things here remind me of Oki. The blossoms for one. I think I can finally say that I don't miss Okinawa as much anymore. Like I won't clam up if someone asked me about it. I would LIKE to say I'm not emotional about it but I don't know because just two weeks ago I tuned in to the live streaming of our old church and they were singing in Japanese and I had to hold myself in check from crying (it was so good to hear them again!). I'm not bitter or stuck in Okinawa anymore. I can say THAT :) God has been good to me here. What I'm learning now I don't think I could have learned in Okinawa. Well have a great Monday!
Labels:
God,
Missing oki
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment