Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
2 Timothy 2:22 (NKJV)
Flee youthful lusts. Paul knew what it was like to be a young so he exhorted Timothy to flee those lusts so that Timothy can pursue God wholeheartedly. Pure heart. Our hearts should be on Jesus, no? We shouldn't fill our hearts with unclean things. Pursue righteousness. You are the temple of the living God so what are you allowing the other person to do? Faith. Don't think that if you don't show affection you'll lose this person. God's got it. And if you do lose them, then why stay with someone who was just in it for the physical? Have faith He will bring that person at the right time. I've seen too many people run ahead of God and its been a heartbreak. Love. Can I stress this? LOVE. When you love someone you seek the very best! Wouldn't you want your guy/girl to be pure and focused on the Lord even if it means withholding physical contact? Peace. Who's peaceful when you've got hormones out of control?! So how would you pursue peace? NO PDA!!!! Call on the Lord. If you're pursuing these things and you're getting tired call on HIM. He will give the strength! Jesus, who rose from the grave resides in you! He will help just SEEK HIM... And lets say okay you'll marry the person. Why the physical contact? Why now? Why at all?The second point I got was willing to wait on Jesus and to be content in our season of singleness. This gift of singleness. In her book she gives a definition of the gift of celibacy and the gift of singleness. TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. I'm referring to singleness. In our culture we view being single as well...not a good thing. I've come in contact with people who've tried to play matchmaker (bleh. Please don't do that. Let God be the one who brings the person. No matter what its ultimately in His hands) because they felt sorry for me and thought I "needed" someone. No, I don't. I need Jesus. :) I'm content being single. Yes, I wonder about my future and if it includes someone...but for now I'm with Jesus. Forgive me if I offend with this post. I'm not going to get mad if you hold hands with your other half. :) I don't speak with condemnation rather I hope to speak from a voice with caution. That's all. Ultimately, its between you and Jesus. Forget what I say and look to Him. He will lead.
No comments:
Post a Comment