Monday, April 23, 2012

I love Jesus, yes I do.

What I usually like to do is post a blog title after a post is written because in the past, when I've written a title first, my topic usually went off course. Hopefully, that won't happen. :) So I read an interesting post today on FB...

"It is amazing, when I think of it, how many people I have known and cared about (and for) who have left their walks with Jesus. Friends that I would break bread with, pray with, laugh with, and even confide in who were trustworthy and yet, when it came down to it, more than likely never were saved. It amazes me. Truly salvation is a mystery."- Pastor David Rosales

And I found myself thinking about this and examining myself. Posts, sermons, passages in Scriptures that relate to this always have me stop and think. I guess, one can say that I do a spiritual check-up. I want to make sure that I am following Jesus and that I never leave my faith. Tragedy, wickedness in this world, sin...so much that can distract us from our walk with God. What I find myself asking (and I also find myself challenged) is when storms, troubles, obstacles come...will I, Maria, cling to my salvation and get through it? Where is my foundation set upon?(Luke 6:48) Is it on good works? Comfort? Family? Because if it is, then surely in times of trial my world will fall apart and I will be swept away. But if my life is based on Jesus, the anchor of my soul, the One who is the same yesterday,today and forever (Hebrews 13:8) , I KNOW my world will not fall apart and I will be safe. I'm not in a storm...but life always comes with them and I know I need to be prepared. Just like in Okinawa, during rainy season, the storms weren't IF, but WHEN. And what if there is no storm? What if sin, in all its enticing ways, comes at my door? Extends a friendly hand, with flattery dripping with every word? Can I stand fast and hold on to my Savior? Am I strong enough? No. But my strength should come from God so that at times like these, I can withstand. Often I make the mistake of not turning to Jesus for strength. I either entertain my sin or try to fight it off myself. Both are lost causes. But when given to the Lord...it's different. He says no for me. And I find myself grateful.  

I must turn to Jesus in every single area of my life. There are some things I can't discern so I have to give it to Him. Rather, my life must be given to Him. He can handle it. He knows what to do. There have been many cases when He has intervened and I never knew (I'm a bit naive). And I'm grateful. Because if He didn't, I would have drifted away. THANK YOU JESUS. Help me to always stay with You and don't let me get away. Ever. I love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment