The suffering she went through I can't even begin to imagine. No human being could endure it as well as she or Betsie did. This book tells readers how they did endure persecution but it wasn't on their own strength. The Lord was with them. He enabled them and through their suffering, these two women were able to see Jesus up close. He was the Light in them which shone so brightly in those dark days. They allowed themselves to be used of the Lord.
One thing that probably hit home, was the ability to forgive. In "The Hiding Place" Betsie is constantly forgiving and telling her sister, Corrie to do the same.
Forgiveness is one of the hardest, difficult, trying things the Lord asks from me. I finished this book about a month ago but I haven't been able to shake off this story. In our Bible study, this book is mentioned a few times. During service today, I heard it again....and can I tell you the story of when I bought this book?
I bought this book because I had heard a fellow photographer read it and was totally amazed by it....
During a recent trip to a ginormous bookstore I decided to look for this book. I couldn't remember the name though I had searched for it in Amazon...but the name just didn't click. So I did what any normal person should do...look on my Amazon wishlist.
Finally, a title.
I looked up trying desperately to figure out which category it would fall under (biography? Christian classics?...) I decided to forget about it and move on. I opened my phone up, sent a quick text to a friend, and just as I was trying to figure out what to tell my friend, I glanced up and there was the book on the shelf. It had been in front of me the entire time.
Now I had to get it.
It might be crazy to make a claim such as this...but I believe I was meant to read "The Hiding Place."
This books make you think...ALOT.

No comments:
Post a Comment