So this is the first day of the government shut down. My dad is home and I'm trying to figure all this out.
We had a splendid Bible Study tonight with the girls from my church and I came away so inspired and encouraged.
You know...I'm listening to people worrying and stressing about today...in fact, I'm one of them. But the resounding claim is to trust the Lord and turn to Him. It's neat how He is drawing us to Himself. Because we have been let down but you know what? The Lord is here. He always has been here and to be honest when did I start trusting others and not Him? The best I can do is pray for our leaders, pray for those affected, and abide in my Lord. He is my refuge...the Lord sees all this. Everything is in His hands, why act like He isn't in control? Our leaders are being difficult but I serve the One true God and He is my King. I can most certainly rely on Him. He won't abandon me or leave me. His promises are in His Word and never has He broken them. And not to come off insensitive, but there are people worse off than we are right at this very moment. Our conveniences are being threatened and we react and kinda whine. I do that more than anyone. But the Lord has been showing me how very blessed I am. Blessed to have my salvation, blessed to have my family with me, blessed to have friends I can laugh with, blessed to have a church where I can worship, blessed for the rain I can feel on my skin (I've always loved the rain but Washington has tested me on this love ;) ) blessed to have a sopapilla coated with sugar, blessed to be with kids I love, blessed to have drinking water, blessed to see His beautiful Creation each and every single day....
One time, I was upset at the Lord. I doubted Him and who He was...and to be in that place makes a person frustrated. And fearful...and angry. I wanted Him to show up and give me a sign. Finally, I just blurted to my mom, "Where is He? Is He really there for me? Is He here?" It hurt to ask that...she looked at me and told me to lift my hand up in front of my face...I did.
"Now, breathe on it." she instructed me. Feeling odd I gave my hand a breath. "That? That breath is from the Lord. He gave it to you."
This lesson shook me. This little puff of breath was from Him? A sigh? Then I remembered in Genesis how God breathed into Man...life. Yes, this breath was straight from the Lord.
To know such a little, life-sustaining breath, something we take all for granted...came from Him changed me. It showed me the Lord was giving me life. He cared and loved me. He not only gave me breath but gave His Son for me. He is the Giver...
"32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?" Romans 8:32
We are not alone. The Lord's got this.

No comments:
Post a Comment