Tuesday, September 17, 2013
When we come together
We laugh, munch on a few snacks, and talk about the 'happenings'. No gossip, back-biting or cattiness. Just acceptance and enjoying each others company. We candidly explain our reasoning as to why we watch the Avengers. I take a swift look around and realize not a single face is without a smile. Even sweet Annie is smiling. Finally, one of the girls puts her hand up and says, "Now for Bible study!" We chuckle at the unseamless transition. But then we all dive.
Here we study the Word.
We are going through a study together but in the words of Anne Shirley, I realize we are kindred spirits in our deep love for our Savior.
Hugging a pillow, I lean my head back and for a moment drift to a time when I hungered for a fellowship like this. When I simply wanted to get together just to study the Word...to come together with girls in the same walk of life. I skim on the memory of loneliness...even just a small brush with that memory fills my heart with gratitude and praise. My heart softly turns to the Lord.
A small thank you reaches His throne room.
No elaborate prayer or trembling emotion...I'm in control because quite honestly it is not the time and place to burst in tears of thankfulness.
So my heart does it for me...
There are times when all I can do is repeatedly say thank You, thank You, thank You... for all the blessings in life. This is one of them.
I bring myself back to the study and become refreshed in getting to know my Savior.
Together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment