Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving and Chicken Little


For those of you who know me (especially Maricela) I have a tendency to panic. Like Chicken Little panic ( "the sky is falling! the sky is falling!). Throw me a cockroach you've got a live chicken on your hands. Throw me a gecko you've got me screaming and running in different directions (hence the reason why I run into walls easily). But give me a situation that I don't get and gets me frustrated I'm a wad of emotion. So last night, just thinking about Thansgiving and the things I should be grateful for and I shrugged off what I should be thankful for. Like it didn't hit me. I was just thinking what I had to do rather than the blessings God has given me. I tried to think about His goodness and His faithfulness, provision...but I didn't see it. Maybe I had so much on my mind...or just not really realizing the things that matter. But I went to sleep and while I try not to give much emphasis on dreams (I can get easlily caught up on that) I had this strange scary dream that someone in my family had cancer! Like there was nothing the doctors could do or what I could do and that they would soon be gone. Then I woke up (I was still in my dream though) and I told them and they said they did have cancer! I cried and asked God why? why them? why? then...I woke up for real. Like I turned and got up from bed and I found myself grateful and relieved that it was all a dream. I did realize I had MUCH to be thankful for. It took a dream like THAT to get me up and be grateful. But I am so glad it was only a dream. Thank you Lord for reminding what I have and for keeping my family together,healthy and safe. Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment