Then comes winter.
I'm not fond of winter...but you faithful reader, know this. For those of you who are new...I don't like winter. Or cold.
But it comes regardless of what I say, wish or do.
I haven't been feeling up to anything really. And that's okay...just need to be extra cautious in not letting my emotions carry me away...I'm praying through this. Last night, as I was drifting to sleep something interesting happened. Usually I think about the day, or what I would like to happen in the future (I spend countless nights wishing to own a photography business) but I found myself reflecting on the Lord. It was neat because yesterday was Sunday and we had a special tribute service about Pastor Chuck Smith. We watched two video clips (one was 40 min the other was 1 min) but the last one stuck out in my mind. This sweet, beloved pastor who I seem to still mourn and rejoice over each day, spoke how when he comes before God, he won't stand alone. Jesus will be there right with him...His Savior will be there to tell him to come.
As I was thinking about that clip I felt close to Jesus. It's been awhile since I felt that deep, happy love. I know there are times when it doesn't seem like He's near. But I know He's there because I see His hand in my life...but I've missed Him just the same. It was like He was so close...
Since Pastor Chuck went to be with the Lord, the radio hasn't been on. I knew from Facebook there was a marathon of sermons by Pastor Chuck Smith on Kwave for a week but we kept it off. This Sunday when they showed that video clip of him smiling and hearing his voice again caused me to cry. It shouldn't have...but it did.But again, I was able to see the Lord's hand on his life and the Lord was near to my heart that service.
I've began to realize Heaven more too.
What a beautiful place.

No comments:
Post a Comment