Quick note here as the day is drawing to an end...
Thank you everyone who prayed for our family last week. It was hectic and a bit of an emotional drain but thankful everything is okay. I'm doing well on this side of the world and just looking forward to the season...Thanksgiving and Christmas. Not a big Halloween fan. No reason in particular just not my kind of holiday. If anything, they should make the Marine Corps Birthday a holiday...
Don't get me wrong, I love October...but I just get tired by the end of the month. Maybe it's when I realize the cold weather is settling in for good.
My family is doing well. We are facing issues but you know what? I know that the Lord knows. Granted, it's hard and easier said than done *big sigh*...but I know the Lord loves my family.
He loves us.
He really, truly loves us.
..................
..................
..................
I need to remember this truth often. Sometimes, I feel like He just lets things happen. When in fact, He is more aware than I realize of the whole situation.
"7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!
-Matthew 7:7-11
We need to ask for those good things that He has for us. Let it be my prayer...even though it's hard and requires faith (something I clearly lack) to ask God and trust He will give it. Not anything and everything...but the things He desires for us. His good and perfect will for our lives. Let that be my desire and prayer.
Update: For those who might ask what those "issues" might be, I'd just say they are not big issues. Just the kind everyone faces...sometimes though we can wimp out when they come...I know I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment