Saturday, May 18, 2013

Roughing it? Eh, maybe.

Whoa, talk about an emotional week full of confusion and so much wondering! My last post shed some insight on that and thankfully, I believe I am nearing the end of this phase.
What's been happening?
Too much.
And on top of that, my sister and I have been going to work a little earlier (6:30 AM. How do you early-risers do it???)
It wasn't hard (hello, in case you haven't noticed I love working with kids...though they test how far they can go on a daily basis) in fact, the only hard part was waking up early.
The mornings have been beautiful and the way the sun just hits the trees really can take your breath away. Fast forward 30 minutes and you're brought back to reality (like water splashed to your face) when the sweet kiddos just can't seem to share a lego. And it's a jumbo container. Filled with at least a billion clones of that particular lego. But they want THAT ONE.

It's been good.

But unfortunately, sleep depravity has a weird knack to make me more emotional than I usually am. I'm crankier, can't think straight, and coffee fails.
Friday finally came and I had a photo shoot meeting with a very sweet friend. I was encouraged by her sharing what God has done and is doing in her life and her tidbits of wisdom. And lately, to keep my head above water, my sweet mama has put sermons for us to listen to.
 My devotion time, I admit, has been lacking because of the desire to sleep. I'm getting refined in this area because my sleep shouldn't be priority over the Word of God. Sure, I'll squeeze it in but I am finding out (actually remembering) that I need more time with Him.
When I'm emotional I need to get more into His Word.
When I'm doubting I need to get more into His Word.
When I'm confused I need to get more into His Word.
Because He gives the wisdom and peace I need and He guides me in the way I should go. He gives the strength and patience to deal with children who can't share a Lego (just so you know, you need all the grace you can get when you're with kids.)
I'm realizing my depravity and inadequacy without Him. I knew it but didn't realize it until lately. The truth of needing the Lord and depending on Him has become so evident. It's hopeless to realize I can't do it on my own, but when I see there is a way, and that is through the Lord...WOW.
I love Him.
He knows what I will go through, what I'm going through and what I've gone through (out of order but  you get the idea) and that is good. Nothing surprises Him.

And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 
2 Corinthians 12:9... My weakness was sleep and often times I would lay awake at night thinking, "I can't get through tomorrow if I don't have enough sleep! How am I going to do this???"

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11
 One of the things that bothered me was the future and discerning God's will for my life. It was confusing for me because I knew one thing but my emotions were telling me another. I need to remember what the Lord has already said or placed on my heart. My emotions were completely contradictory to what I knew and the fact they were driving me away from Christ also showed me that they didn't sound like they were from the Lord's heart. 
Well, that's about it. 
I'm looking forward to tomorrow and being fed through His Word. Thankful for times of worship and listening to some good teaching....Be blessed.





No comments:

Post a Comment