Okay that sounded super dorky and author-ish...oh well, bear with me.
So this last week has been super busy. Busy that I'm still tired and could use a nap right now. But it's been fun and good. We went to Cali for a little bit, enjoyed the sunshine and watched my sister graduate.
It was a wonderful ceremony and I'm so proud of my little sister finally finishing up and starting this new chapter in life. Gonna keep her in my prayers because I don't think it's quite hit her yet and when it does I want her to be excited with anticipation and not stress about what to do with her life but seek the Lord.
I know when I graduated, there was so much I wanted to do and there still is, but I had such unrealistic expectations...I think I'm better about it now. If you've been reading for awhile you can see
I've been learning and seeking God's will for my life. You very much know, I wanted to travel and see places...but I'm not so sure anymore. The desire to travel is there but for what purpose? I mean if I travel am I doing it for the glory of God? Or for my selfish wants?
Wierd, but it took me a week from Washington to realize how much I really do like it here. Now I know I might say something else next month but for now I'm SO glad to be back.
California was where I got saved and met the Lord back in 2000-2001.

While in California we drove past the house where I surrendered my life to the Lord and there were plenty of memories...so many memories. It was so hard to grasp where I had come from, the circumstances surrounding my spiritual birthplace and I couldn't believe I had ever been there. It felt like an old life...

On our last day there I looked out from the beach where I began to sense the Lord 12 years ago. At a young age, I was anxious for Him and desperate for Him to mend my broken heart.
Looking out, I realized He had answered more than I had ever asked.
He gave more than I thought possible.
He brought forth a miracle.
He brought healing, forgiveness,reconciliation and made all things new.
He did so much.
So in the search for God's will for my future I found myself facing my past and it was good to be brought back to the place where I first met Him. To see the places where the prayers began...and I realized for the Lord's will for my life all I needed to do was be next to Him. I don't need to know a detailed, point by point, blueprint of my life...all I need to do is be in His will and that is to be with Him and live my life for His glory. To be obedient to His commands and trust Him in every circumstance. To seek Him. I heard someone say as an example when seeking God's will,it's not who you should marry, what job you should take or any major decision like that. It's how is it in the Lord...how will taking a job/marrying a person bring me closer to the Lord? How does it go with the Word of God? When it comes to a huge financial desicion, how can I be a good steward?
The Lord has been working...
Pray that my eyes would be opened more...He's been meeting me but I haven't been consistent. He's been showing me His Word but I haven't been serious. I want to change that.
Thanks for reading.
"And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever."
-1 John 2:17
No comments:
Post a Comment