Monday, February 18, 2013

Sweet Sunday: Billy Graham

Let's forget my last rant and rave, okay? I was pretty upset but I'm over it. :) Trust me, I'm learning to keep my mouth shut more since that event and hopefully things quiet a little...I don't blog everything though it might seem that way for those of you who might be quick to point out this blog is pretty personal too. Ehhh...not really. :)

Today after service (by the way, it was so good. I needed that time to worship...'twas refreshing) I was looking for someone I needed to speak to. Seeing that they were busy, I decided to distract myself to the bookstore nearby. I came across the book called, "Nearing Home," by Billy Graham. I love anything by this preacher and his wife (who went home to be with the Lord a few years back) so I reached for it, glanced to see if the person I was waiting for was ready. Seeing that they weren't I opened up to the first page.

I got a teensy bit annoyed.

Because he begans talking about how surprised he was about old age...and what he went through as young man. He had dreams to be a baseball player and he wanted to get into the League. But when he surrendered his life to the Lord, he also surrendered his dreams too specifically the desire to become a baseball player.

Here I closed the book and stuffed it away from my sight back onto the shelf.

The words on the page were like my words printed in black and white. After reading one page, I realized he went through the same thing I'm going through. Right now I have surrendered my dreams...but I'm afraid it has come to the point that I don't even want to THINK about them anymore. What does surrendering dreams mean? Does it mean giving up and never looking back?  Or does it mean giving it to the Lord and seeing what He does with it? And if He does nothing? Why do I give up my dreams? I know, when I gave them up, I did it because I was tired of the disappointment of not having them fulfilled and I was sick of letting them take over my feelings, hearts and thoughts...I hardly had any room for the Word.

The first page or so, were my words printed...at least that's how it felt like. It was as if Mr.Graham was talking to me! Imagine that! I've got so much energy and I get so antsy when I don't see others sharing that same kind of energy with me...I want to go out and do things...well I won't get into it. This blog has too many posts of that kind.

Thinking about reading the book and giving it a chance. Anyone read it?

No comments:

Post a Comment