Torrential.
Strong.
Captivating.
Roaring.
Crashing.
Sustaining.
I'm in a desert and this is the very thing I long for. I long for the water that gives life and the strength to move on.
My Lord has been faithful to supply me with it! I have had moments of spiritual cleansing and moments when tears have been shed. I have cried out and He has heard me...In times of worship, I meet Him and lift my eyes up...knowing I can look up and see Him reaching down to help. In times of prayer, I have seen my own sin and the magnitude of it. Seeing that, has driven me to chase after repentance and humble myself before my God. He has been so good and full of Love towards me. He uses beautiful days, my family's grace towards me, hymns, Scripture to show me His unrelenting, passionate, undying love!
I am so undeserving. But I heartedly drink of it and I am nourished beyond expression.
I asked Him during prayer, when this would finally be over...I didn't get an answer. Not really. But I realized I needed to be ready to deal with it...if it's long, Oh Lord, give me the courage, strength, and ability to go through the valley of discouragement. To not fall prey to heat stroke of frustration. To not let the vultures of lies and deceit to peck at me. My God, I know I can hide under the refuge of your wings! You have shown me, I'm not alone! You are so good. Thank You for refreshing me this week...continue to remind me You are there. Give me the living water that can only be found in You. I love You!
"The Lord will guide you continually,
And satisfy your soul in drought,
And strengthen your bones;
You shall be like a watered garden,
And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail."
And satisfy your soul in drought,
And strengthen your bones;
You shall be like a watered garden,
And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail."
-Isaiah 58:11
" He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”
-John 7:38

No comments:
Post a Comment