Friday, March 9, 2012

Faithful

You failed...I'm sorry but you won't be able to graduate in June...

The words hit me hard. I looked at his face, my hands, the window...trying to focus.

I mean you will graduate...but you won't be able to walk with your classmates.You'll have to get your diploma mailed to you instead.

I did not want that. So asked him what can I do? Was there another option? He took a breath and thought for a moment.

Yes. There is another way. You can take another math test and have it replace the one you failed for a graduation credit since by the time they re-test you it'll be past graduation. And when that test comes in if you pass it will go on your transcript.

Two tests. I had to pass two tests. Okay,thank you. I silently walked out. Taking the long way too class, I looked over the school grounds. It was breezy and the warm air swept past me...however I only felt a chill of anxiety grip me. Two tests? How can I pass two tests if I failed ONE? Oh, God...my heart whispered. As I made my way to class of only two other students the silence of the hallway only seemed to make my anxiety louder. What am I going to do?? I sat at my desk trying to concentrate on the words of the computer screen. Finally, I couldn't hold it anymore...I cried. And sobbed my pitiful self out. My teacher asked what was wrong only to offer a grim expression stating she wasn't surprised. I had failed and I knew it. When I went home that day and told my mom...she was shocked that I had failed. But then when hearing a possible solution she said determinedly, "You're going to take that test and you are going to pass. With God's help."
"But how? I'm not good at math at all and I have to take two tests on it!"
"Well you messed up. I think God is giving you another chance."
Another chance. So with a humbled heart I poured out my request to Him. Yes, it was my fault. I didn't try hard enough...I put my schoolwork aside...and I was sorry. I need You, my heart said. Please don't let me fail. The next few weeks I put so much energy into studying. With the help of friends, a math teacher, people from church and a lot of prayer.
Test day came...I was nervous. After I handed my exam I walked out praying...the next day I found out. I PASSED! I skipped and I felt so happy! Yes I could walk with my class! My spirits were somewhat dampened at the thought that I had to pass another test to make it to my transcript...The following week the test came. This one was what worried me the most. I had failed it once. Surely I couldn't fail it again?
After I had finished I handed it to my procter. Unfortunately, I would not know the results until a week or two later. After much prayer and hoping I received a letter.I was nervous in opening it... but it stated that I passed the test!!! Only God. For those who saw me walk at the graduation ceremony only a few know the story that accompanied me. God was faithful and He helped. Yes it was only school and it wasn't big and dramatic...but its a testimony of what God did for me. Through that experience I learned not to be too overconfident on relying on myself, trust God like REALLY trust Him, and believe. He was there every step of the way. I write this almost 4 years later...feels like last year. Because I need a reminder again. A reminder that says "Don't worry. I am here. With you." And I feel peace. Warm peace...I needed to be reminded of this today. Thank You, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment