One more week left to finish classes then the Christmas holiday! I hope I finish well. I'm going to be honest I haven't quite dedicated as much time and effort as I'd like to (deadlines people. Having deadlines really push me to cram every single strand of information into memory.) so I hope to change that next semester. Maybe take a lighter load of classwork? So the last two days have been really...in one word long. Been waking up a little earlier and I glance at the clock around 12 and I'm like 12? You've got to be kidding. It feels like 4!!! I'm not an early riser in case you can't tell.
Well, the Missions Conference is next month. And I've wanted to go ever since I ever heard about it. I want to meet Pastor Chuck Smith so bad and hear all those teachings! And...I won't be able to go. :( I thought it'd be easier since we live closer (such as in the country!) and I actually mentioned it to my parents. They were for it until...the financial obstacle. We can't travel now. le sigh. Food, hotel, gas and more food. That costs so I just have to forget about it. I guess I'm just a little bummed because I have always wanted to go and guess what?? They are hosting a photography workshop! Can I scream now? Well I did when I first saw the ad for it in their Calvary Chapel Magazine. I don't know why I screamed. You'd think I saw Justin Bieber or something (ew.). So this year I think I'll just enjoy my first week of January in the cold (the Missions Conference is in Cali and I SO wish to indulge in the sun. And of course the Son. :)). I'm trying not to be too bleh about it but I can't help it. Okinawa holds a special place in my heart, then California. These two places God worked in me and while I didn't like California when we first came back, I wish I enjoyed it more. God saved me there and He used Pastor Chuck to speak to me. I've never met Pastor Chuck but I heard him on the radio alot. Earlier in our faith, we used to call him the boring pastor (we were immature,sorry) but after growing in the Word we now know he is a mighty man of God. I remember one time I had a question in the Bible when I was like...13? 14? Eh, I don't remember. So I called To Every Man An Answer (Its called Pastor's Perspective now...on KWAVE). It was a question about tongues and I was so nervous. So when I went on the line and Pastor Chuck answered my question! I was babbling I know and I took so much time asking questions that the radio host joked and called it the Pastor Chuck and Maria show. This pastor is old enough to be my grandfather (or great? I don't know) but I highly respect him. I want to meet him. Thats next on my list of what I would like to do in my lifetime. The first one is go to Israel. Then meet Pastor Chuck. Then visit the Billy Graham museum...(and I'd like to meet him too.)
So yes this sums up why I want to go to this missions conference. Maybe next time I will be able to.
Christmas! My favorite holiday of the year! I love the smell of cinnamon (only in this season) the lights and the music. But I really love celebrating the gift God gave us. His Son. So that we may be free from sin and be able to live with Him in eternity someday. I don't always live that way and its convicting. To the point that it hurts. But God uses it to refine us and I'm glad I hurt in my convictions. Its good to know that He chastens us and that I'm able to still feel that whenever I sin, I'm convicted. He speaks to my heart and I really like that. I need to know He's there! I do love Him. This blog is really dedicated to Him. I had started it to showcase my photography and makes me wonder...does my heart really beat for Him or for my gift? Oh I want it to beat for Him!
Until next time,
Adios.
No comments:
Post a Comment