Well because I have gotten tired of neglecting this blog...I don't think anyone reads it (just fine! really some stuff I do not know why I post..I don't delete them because it reminds me I'm not perfect). I write this blog because life is a journey and I want to document what I am doing. Why not keep a journal you ask? Because when I write in journals I lose them. Seriously. In Okinawa I would go to the 100 yen for the purpose of a new notebook and pen. And I was cleaning my room the other day and I found just about every notebook I've ever owned...and they are unfinished. Except for maybe 3. And thats a small number compared to how many empty notebooks I have. Why are they empty? Because I would lose them under my bed, in a purse, in a box they accidentally fall in only to have me pick up that box and place it in the Bermuda triangle. Its pathetic! Ridiculous! An abomination to trees! So I blog. And those awesome writing utencils? I keep them in a pencil bag which is another total nightmare because I have about 10 pencil bags from the 100 yen...I think I'll stop there. I'm getting carried with my wonderland of school supplies. ANYWAYS I've just been doing well. Last week, I had some time to reflect about some things I don't usually think about. Like how important it is to have the armor of God. I don't know if anyone knows how vital it is to wear that everyday. I didn't realize it until last week. Nothing bad happened in fact everything was normal and my fam was doing great. But me? Well my mind was a swirling mess. I had stuff due, someone asked me to do something and I had a deadline. This project is something I have a gift in (I'm not boasting about it. Trust me.) and they asked me to do it. Well since no one reads this I might as well say it. It was a some slides for the church. The person who was doing it was going on vacation for that week and I was asked to do it. To be honest, I wasn't expecting this. But God has been placing this on my heart of the servants in the Bible with the talents. You know that parable? You can find it by clicking here. Anyways the last guy always gets me. I feel like thats what I do! I've been blessed with this gift of literally making my computer breakdance! Okay not breakdance but I can navigate my way with computers, photography, and all that technical stuff. Yes there are people better than me and I won't deny that there is so much to learn from the latest technology/digital art. I'm not Einstein about it either. But I've been blessed with this ability and I feel like I need to use it to glorify God. I use what I know for myself and it bothers me. So thats why I offered myself to this task. A simple task one might observe but what makes it different is that its a step. After being uprooted from the only people I ever loved, being hurt last year with the isolation, God was showing me move forward. To use what He's given me. It is time to get up. And do you have any idea whats that like? Showing what I can do to people I barely know basically putting myself to be rejected or worse becoming involved and having fellowship? Why am I afraid? I don't know. I'm worried people will judge my gift to God. He wants me to use this ability for His glory and to serve Him.
| Our turn to serve! Yes its a ketchup bottle. Poor illustration. |
I'm like No. Please don't make me step out! Then I look at the parable and thats not where I want to be. I don't want to hide my "talent" because I was afraid of moving forward. Thats a horrible excuse not to do what God enables us to do!...Wow long post. If you've gotten this far I am so proud of you....So I went ahead and did the slides. Let me tell you I had some spiritual warfare. To the point I knew I didn't have the strength to fight those fiery darts. They stung too! Over 3-4 slides I was doing! REALLY NOW?! But it wasn't the slides God wanted. It was my obedience and I believe thats what the battle was about. So I went back to the verse about the armor of God. I've read this verse before but its so true and I realized I needed this NOW. And I found myself strengthened. The darts were there still. But they did not sting so much. And I wasn't alone. Well thats it for now. I have to study!!! Happy Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment