Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Long time no see...

Yep again its been awhile. Stuff has happened. I don't know how to quite sum it all up. Well I guess I can go from when we moved in our new house. TMO had finally shipped our belongings and  it was alot. I have so much stuff from Oki and the 100 yen  I might as well open up a store. I miss Okinawa but not so much as I did last year. Last year, you wouldve found me borderline bitter....or just plain bitter. Now this doesn't mean I like Washington. I don't think that I do yet.I think that its beautiful in spring,summer (if you call THAT summer) and a little bit of fall. But now that its winded down to the cold weather...oh dear. I'm not loving it. I'm not too big of a fan of cold weather. I don't like seeing the plants die and the sky so gray here. I guess
what ONE THING I like about it is that I have an excuse to eat PANERA BREAD. Seriously this is one of the best places to go on a dreary day. The atmosphere is so perfect for me, my mom and two sisters. It reminds me of another place in Oki where she would take us out and we would just blab the next two hours about life, school, our job, church, God...anything. And I miss those times. My mom is an encourager. She encourages us about following God's will. Then she would rebuke us if she sees that we weren't. ;)
I really am glad I have this family I can talk to. We don't know anyone here...still. Last year this bugged me terribly. That I didn't know anyone or than no one reached out to us. But I believe God allowed that to show me I don't need to depend on people for fellowship. I have this horrible tendency to rely on people for advice when I don't even go to God first. And through that season of being by myself with no friends...taught me that I was never alone. I have Jesus. Granted, I kicked and screamed about it. And I'm a terrible screamer. But He was patient with me. And now I am okay with no one talking to me. Because I have Him. I'm in a place where should I walk into a room and no one speaks to me I won't fidget uncomfortably or cry about it later. Yes, my sister is there too with me and I can talk to her. But I don't depend on her as much as I used to either when it came to talking in a group setting.

My fur-kid...
I'm trying to share thiswith my sisters. My twin doesn't mind it really but the youngest....well she is a social butterfly. Nothing wrong with that! She has an amazing talent to make anyone feel welcome. But since she's on the other side (being the new person) it can be overwhelming. And discouraging. I've been where she's at. And I'm hoping she will listen when I tell her its okay.

My parents are doing well. We have those moments where we can be the picture of World War III but what family doesn't? I brought this up to my dad. I always complain about how he can be pessimistic. And he never answered me. Until last week. I needed it because it was about time I shut up. He told me what we as a family go through is normal. There was no such thing as a perfect family. Every one has problems. Every one has issues. But we need to learn to get through them the RIGHT way. Last Thanksgiving we all reflected how thankful we were God brought my dad home safely from Iraq. Yes it was a few years ago. But we still thank God my dad is with us. And we had a Kleenex party.
Well thats about it for now. I hope to post more but I always say that so I think I'll skip that particular phrase. For now I will say...until next time. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment