Saturday, March 19, 2011

Facebook...why I hate/love the social network.

Okay. So I've been off Facebook for awhile now. And to be honest its been great. Yeah the first 30 minutes were agonizing. (must log on...!*drags myself to computer* must log on....!) but now its been about a couple days and I'm actually enjoying the free time I get by not stalking my friends on Facebook. lol. I kid, I kid. But on serious note, I've just been noticing that I spend more time on Facebook than my time with my God. I love connecting with friends. I love knowing how others are doing. I love hearing from my friends! But at the same time I hate finding out things that disappoint me. I hate reading how some people can be so mean to each other. And I hate how I get pulled into the drama and gossip! Sometimes thats what it is. A gossip circle or nonsensical information that just gets posted up there. Like I remember a friend who posted how they almost got arrested for self defense. Now....I know them. they like drama! but really? Did they have to post that? I mean why? And not to mention the status updates. You know the ones that say "tell me my birthday,age,best friend, middle name, maiden name,state I live in, color of my eyes..blah,blah. Who knows me best?" Did you know that info can be used for identity theft?? Why even post it up there? I have no clue.

Anyways the last couple days have been good. I've been hearing a soft message on my heart lately and its "Seek Me and you will find me when you search for Me with all your heart" (MIV-Maria's International Version. I kid yet again) and its been good. This is what I'm doing and I'm loving it. Granted, I don't believe I'm trying hard enough. But the times I've been searching is good. :) And there have been distractions. Trust me. When you seek God ,expect distractions or obstacles. And I really don't like them. Like thats whats really been slowing me down. Well, I gotta go now. hope to post much more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment