Saturday, February 5, 2011

I'm singing "Beautiful"

Please note.
I am terrified of Mt.Rainier. I don't know why but I guess I have a weird phobia with mountains. Maybe its the heights I'm scared of even though I'm not on it. Well this past week we visited base and had a great view of Mt.Rainier. At 6am in the morning. Why was I even up that early??? Anyway the pictures display the morning phases the first picture my sister took because it was just too dramatic for me to look at. Like it was this dark hovering beast. And the second picture I took because she was starting to have trouble with my camera. After that I took the rest of the pictures because my mom insisted that the sun would rise from behind. I didn't believe her but I knew she loves this mountain. Its beautiful to her but to me its a monster.But hey, I love my mom and I knew she wanted some good picture of this wonder.

Here it is. The sun did rise from the back. It was so pretty that I had to get out of the car. Despite the cold I was just drawn to take this picture....


But the sun didn't stop there. It was rising up fast. And I snapping pictures like crazy.




and its not quite showing it so much in this picture but the sun had risen so high that no longer could I see the mountain but all I saw was the sun. Everything was so bright around me and what was great was that there was frost creating a glittery, sparkling feel all around that it just felt unreal. I felt like I was the only one there and all this was meant for me. And then the most amazing thing happened. I must've been smiling because a message was spoken to my heart at that moment and it was beautiful. My heart was singing and I felt so wonderful. The cold didn't steal it away nor did my fear of the mountain. God placed a message and I understood that life is very much like the mountain. It can be intimidating,dark, to the point that you don't want to face it. You slink back in fear. But with God, He shines right through. With Him as your focus the light casts out the darkness and all you see is light. With the light in view you don't see the mountain of fear,doubt, and everything that just brings us down. Because of that light created by the sun I was able to look forward and not be afraid. It was beautiful and there is no way I could describe to bring it justice.
Then Jesus spoke to them again,saying "I am the light of the world. He who follows me shall not walk in darkness but have the LIGHT of life."
John 8:12





1 comment:

  1. Good thing you conquered your fear and took pictures of the mountain. They're beautiful~! Now we should pressure Anna to do a picture of butterflies and I'll take pictures from an airplane. ;p

    ReplyDelete