So yesterday was Wednesday. It being Wednesday and so much has happened this week we made it a point to go to church. We've been unable to make it so many times that my dad pushed to go yesterday. To be honest, I didn't want to go. I don't know if anyone else shared my feelings but I just didn't. I was too tired (woke up at 4 that morning) and knew I would be tremendously sleepy. But majority won (a.k.a. Head of the Household. There wasn't a vote or anything like that.) So off we went. Me, thinking I just
know I'm going to fall asleep at CHURCH!!! For those of you who don't know me I don't like to fall asleep at church. Because once upon a time in my freshmen year of high school I did just that. My head was bobbing and the pastor was going through Revelation. And he must've been super hyper that day and at the top of his lungs he yelled (not at me. I thinking he was talking about the lukewarm church) "and God is telling this church TO WAKE UP!!! GET UP!!! I'D RATHER YOU WERE HOT OR COLD...!!!!!" Needless to say, I jolted awake and vowed to myself never to let that happen again. Because I jumped really high and that was just embarrassing. But yesterday,...oh my goodness I was getting sleepy. And the speaker was talking...but then for no reason I wasn't sleepy anymore. The words he was saying began to register and speak to me. It was about brokeness and being a light. He mentioned the story Gideon (I love Gideon. Didn't realize that till yesterday) and how when it was time to attack the army broke their pitchers and raised their torches. And he related that to Jesus sermon. He said that we are a light and that the light isn't meant to be hid under a basket. But the speaker pointed out something and he said that the translation for basket was "bushel" (okay before I go on...this guy said alot of references...I can't clearly remember them.) and a bushel back then was a vessel. So to hide a light under a vessel was pretty useless. And the speaker went on to say "We are vessels. We have the Light within us and when we are broken, like Gideon broke his vessel, we shine before men."(References: Judges 7:19-20, 2 Corinthians 4:7)
Its good to be broken. Because thats how God will work and He shines right through....I know I wrote about God being Light in my last post (Believe it or not, I JUST realized that) but for Him to shine in our we must first be broken. And I am broken.

"You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket but on a lampstand and it gives light to all who are in the house."
Matthew 5:14-15
No comments:
Post a Comment