Okay...
SO I am noticing a ton of Facebook friends (the ones I've known since high school) getting...MARRIED. Like even in what was my old circle of friends, odd couples. Like I never thought independant ,outspoken , witty, Michelle (name change) would ever go out with quiet, sulky, sometimes rude but proper David (not a name change.... Okay I'm kidding thats not his name. lol.) And I'm seeing people (even one of my middle school best friends) married too! What is up that? And I'm NERVOUS. I shouldn't be but I am. The question I have in my head is "Oh no, am I next???" Now, I'm talking about the people I knew in high school okay before I offend my married friends over the age of 21. I don't understand and maybe I'm being ignorant but why would my former classmates do that? They go to college...but they don't finish. They get lonely...and they meet up with someone. Someone calls them beautiful...and their heart is stolen. I have God. God's love is what is so good to me right now. He is faithful and not the heartbreaker. Rather I break His heart more. But He takes me back! When I'm running after the world and offering myself to the world instead of Him, HE WAITS. Who does that? He comes after me when I kick and scream at Him. He knows everything (inside and out...oh my!) and still loves me enough to die for me! Anyone who knew my heart would turn away. But not Him. He still extends His hand for me to hold on. I don't exactly know why I'm anxious about the prospect of marriage in my life (uh-oh). But I'm going to hold on. Maybe...it was time for my classmates to get married, to grow up. As for me? I'm going to wait right here with Him and I pray He keeps me close. That I never fall in the trap that I need someone so I run ahead of God. If God wills, He will bring him. I won't go looking. Nope, not me.
No comments:
Post a Comment