Saturday, October 30, 2010

Change. And the beauty we can see with it in our lives...




Today I was going through some old pictures and they were of my dad in Iraq. When my dad went to Iraq we were all scared and worried about what might happen to him. I didn't like to watch the news because honestly I didn't want to know what was going on over there and they didn't quite comfort me. So I(and the rest of the family) just kept in contact via e-mail or phone and listened to what he said. Even then, he wouldn't tell us much either due to confidentiality and he still won't. But the pain we went throught at the time was very hard. But we learned to trust God and what He had for us. We were able to serve Him and just glorify Him with our lives. And it did hurt. Just like now. The last couple of months have been exciting and adventurous but as this month started to close down I began to feel the ache for Okinawa. I miss it like crazy and there are times when I just want to see the ocean, see the people that were my friends, even eat at the Rocker NCO club! But I believe that this will go away and I will look back and see the beauty of change. Of the struggles and challenges we went through that refined us. God knows and all I can do at this point is trust Him. It is so hard because I frequently want to walk ahead of Him and fix things myself. But I can't. Nor I shouldn't because then will I deny what He can do and that would hinder His work.


No comments:

Post a Comment